Munchies

Posted by at Feb 20, 2013 9:27 am

Sorry for the late post…time got away from me.

Okay, we’ve all had the munchies right…that time of day when you need to eat SOMETHING, but it’s past breakfast and not time for lunch or it’s beyond lunch but not time for dinner. Or maybe for some of us, it’s before bed.

Do you have a go-to snack? The thing that is quick and easy and fills you up long enough to get to the next meal?

I’d love to say that mine is fruit or carrot sticks or a cup of yogurt…you know, something healthy. But lately? Wheat Thins. I love them. Luckily, though I normally like them with dip (which is never healthy!) I’m in too much of a hurry to do anything except eat out of the box. I guess they’re not the UNhealthiest thing in the world, but they’re still not fruit!

What about you?

15 thoughts on “Munchies

TRICIA says:

I have to eat a snack before bed ,to make sure my Blood Sugar doesn’t drop. My go to is the 100 calorie microwave popcorn. yummy!!!!

Ritz crackers. Yep, I’ve been hooked on them lately for some reason. I don’t even need anything on them. I can just eat them straight. I’m sure this isn’t healthy but they sure are good. :devilbanana:

I eat apple slices (pre-washed, pre-sliced) for my am snack; my afternoon snack is something like maybe 5 crackers and then my evening snack is a cup of tea. I do grab (literally) up to five mini-reeses cups throughout the day. I’m still not losing weight, so who knows what’s up. Once a week I do indulge on a skinny Starbucks.

Pretzels. I keep little bags of pretzels so I can grab one bag. Once in a while it takes two bags! ;)

Cheryl R says:

I wish I could say apples or carrots but no..I might have a piece of dark chocolate if I crave a sweet or my new favorite..Sundried Tomato & Basil Wheat Thins. They are delicious..I gave my daughter a box for Christmas so so would stop eating mine whenever she stops by

SandyG265 says:

If I’m home I’ll have an apple or clementine. If I’m at work I’ll have a piece of dark chocolate or almonds.

Glittergirl says:

I don’t have a healthy snack idea, sorry
    BUT I have a dip recipe that’s not awful for the diet…
    1 quart low fat cottage cheese
    8 oz fat free cream cheese
    8 oz fat free sour cream
    squirt lemon juice
    salt to taste
    healthy shake of garlic powder
    1 to 3 avocados (depending on your budget and calories ;-)

Throw all but the avocados in a mixer and beat until pretty smooth. I am always making this for a party so while it’s mixing I go get dressed.
    Add most of the avocados reserving the last quarter and blend. Taste and adjust flavors then add the last 1/4 avacado so it stays a bit chunky.

This is my family’s favorite dip and it’s loaded with protein — :cloud9:

I love snacks…mine aren’t so healthy: Cheetos, Nutty Bars by Little Debbie, snicker bars, Haribo gummy bears…I should stop there cause I’m getting hungry for them :)

Sometimes I want something sweet, sometimes salty. I’ve decided that snacks usually don’t tend toward healthy!! That said sometimes I crave a nice crunchy apple & nuts are a great snack, very filling. My favorites are cashews or raw almonds, not roasted or salted. Yum! Today I opted for cashews, I seem to go in cycles on that. I also love tortilla chips, chocolate, cookies & popcorn with butter & salt. No microwave crap! Sorry, I’m not trying to offend those that like the microwave I just don’t care for all the chemicals that are in it.

Mine is a bowl of cereal before bed. Not totally healthy, but craves the need for crunch.

Dark chocolate. I keep it in my desk drawer at work. Locked.

Jeanne Miro says:

My go to “goodie” is something I found when I had to lose weight and wanted something to quench my craving without a lot of calories and so I now just grab a Rice Krispies Treat! My latest “favorite” is Double Cocolatey Chunk and at just 15 grams of carbs it taste great and the only thing you have to worry about is to eat just one!

Charli says:

When I get the munchies, I usually grab some pretzels or popcorn, or a nice bowl of Special K with Strawberries cereal. Yum!!!

Chocolate, chocolate and more chocolate. :biggrin:

:snowing: It is cold out snow is still coming down. I like chips and some chocoate.
    Thanks for the dip recipe. It sure sounds good. :snowguy: