Super Bowl Sunday . . . on Monday!

Posted by at Feb 4, 2013 6:00 am

Yes, the Super Bowl was yesterday, on Sunday, and I’d like to know how everyone spent their “Super Bowl” time.  Did you actually watch the football game because you HONESTLY like football?  Did you read?  Did you go shopping?  Did you watch the game for just the commercials and half-time show?

Me — I hate football.  Nothing about it interests me.  So, while my husband watched the game, I sat in the room with him and did some writing on my laptop — and looked up when the commercials aired.  Because that’s about the only thing I like about Super Bowl Sunday.

Oh, and the half-time show, which was Ahhh-mazing!  I loved Beyonce!

So, how did you spend the day?  Did your team win? Any commercials that you especially loved?  And what did you think about Beyonce’s half-time show?

25 thoughts on “Super Bowl Sunday . . . on Monday!

I watched it all. Didn’t really care who won since my team wasn’t there, but thought it was a really great game. Loved most of the commercials and thought Beyonce was amazing. Have to say the godaddy commercials could go away forever and I’d be fine. Loved the Bud commercials and the M&MS commercials best.

Pat L. says:

Liked Beyonce’s performance.

No commercials particulary grabbed me. I hated the GoDaddy one.

Didn’t have a fav team; was hoping the 49rs would pull it out at the end tho’ as they were losing the entire time.

We did have a wonderful time at friend’s house – enjoying watching the game, gabbing and all the good eats.

Betty says:

Watched & read at same time. Beyonce was more production & dancing than singing but ok. Loved the Ram farmer commercial & the Jeep soldier thanks commercials best. Game had some exciting moments & questionable calls but was kept close which was good.

I love football, but neither of the teams yesterday are really my favorites. I wrote and checked the score here and there. And then the Niners made a comeback, so we paid more attention. But then they blew it. Totally disappointing.

I actually either cooked or I was watching something ON DEMAND. I did see Beyonce’s show. I did go out to dinner with my husband and poor guy he missed the best quarter.

I read during the game and watched the commercials. Except at the end when SF almost came back to win. I liked the M & M commercial!

Eileen R says:

Watched the games in two places. First I was over my daughter’s, who was sick, to watch my granddaughter until bedtime. Then I cam home during the blackout and watched the rest with two very diehard Ravens fans. I liked the halftime show. Beyonce did a good job.
    the commercials were okay too. Not too many stuck out. I loved the Dodge Ram/ Farmer commercial with Paul Harvey’s commentary. I also loved the clysdale growing up commercial too.
    Congrats to the Baltimore Ravens! :cheer:

Philomena D says:

I just watched the half-time show. Liked Beyonce’s performance.

Then watched Downton Abbey!

Silver James says:

I always do a blog on the Monday after about my favorite commercials. It was a good game but I didn’t care who won. I normally just watch for the commercials as I’m not a huge NFL fan. I like football, but college level.

My “sentimental” favorites were the Budweiser Clydesdale, the Jeep Coming Home (salute to troops), and Dodge Ram Farmers.

I think my overall funniest favorite was the M&M “Anything for Love”. GoDaddy was a bust. The most “swoon-worthy” was the Calvin Klein. Mmmmmm….

TRICIA says:

I watched the game and the commercials of course!!! I could have done without the GO Daddy commercial. I honestly think it was the sloppy kissing noise that got to me. As for the halftime show……. I didn’t think it was all that great. I like Beyonce, but it was lacking something. I thought Madonna was better last year. Even Aerosmith put on a better halftime a couple of years ago, IMO. My 2 year old nephew loved the halftime show and Beyonce. He walked right up to the TV and stood there the entire time. It was so cute.

I hope everyone has a great week.

Colleen says:

Not a fan of football, but before it began I said I wanted the Ravens to win… saw bits and pieces of it… saw the half time show without sound at the restaurant I was eating at… Enjoyed watching the whole thing of the Puppy Bowl though… so so cute!!! :partygroup:

TRICIA says:

I hope everyone has a great week.

(oops! not sure what I did)

I’m not a big football fan but I was in a pool so I did watch (and read). I liked the Budweiser and the Ram farmer commerical and of course the Calvin Klein one too! They always have sexy women for the guys so it was nice to have a little eye candy for us. :batteeyes:

Glittergirl says:

Oh I watched because 5, yes 5 of my beloved former UO Ducks were playing on both sides of the ball. I didn’t care who won, how could I possibly pick? But LaMichael didn’t get a touchdown (or a decent kick off return :impatient: ) and Haloti got hurt and had to leave the game :crying: . But our party was great and everyone enjoyed themselves :cheer:

My favorite commercial was the Budweiser Clydesdales of course :hugging:

Yes I watched! I’m a big Niner fan so very disappointed that they lost. They gave it a good effort especially in the second half. Beyonce was good, I found myself not glued to the TV, just sort of watching while being on the computer some. Commercials…the Clydesdales for Budweiser, of course! How could anyone not like that commercial?! Another commercial that is getting very few mentions was the one with the “seniors” sneaking out to Taco Bell & partying!! Too funny! I also loved The Farmer & the commercials honoring our military. Good job from those companies.

Since my daughter is a die hard Ravens fan, I spent most of my time telling her to stop jumping on my newly redone sofa!!! :partygroup:

Love the M&M/Meat Loaf ad, Paul Harvey and Jeep/USO (although I could have done without Oprah narrating and had someone who has been associated with the USO doing it). Glad that the Dorito one that won, did. And the Oreo ad was funny, as was the one that they tweeted during the blackout. (You can dunk an Oreo even in the dark).

I think the funniest stuff was some of the things that came across FB during the game- “Mom, John won’t give me the ball” and “Mom, Jim keeps turning out the lights”.

And for the record, I hated Beyonce. Whatever happened to actual talent that didn’t include shaking the tits and ass to get attention? I’d really like them to get some talent for a change.

I watched it all! Loved about three commercials and I thought the half-time show was quite energetic. Loved that the 49ers didn’t just give up. I love a competitive game. I don’t care which team won, just that it was an entertaining and exciting game.

Bobbie says:

Invited family and friends to our beach house for the weekend to help with seasonal maintenance. Then provided a great meal of chili and great appetizers and drinks for the game, so much fun!

:flag: :flag: We did not watch the game. Do’t like football. We worked in the yard most of the afternoon. The weather was so nice for this time of year. :bananaangel: :bananaangel:

Denise says:

I sat in the room with my hubby and read until he went to bed at 8:30 (he got up at 3 for work). Once he went to bed, I turned it to HGTV.

Ann G says:

I’m not interested in football at all. I didn’t watch any of the show. I played Bridge yesterday, read, and watched television.

Laurie P says:

I watch it because watching sports is second only to my love of reading. And I’ve been watching football since I was a child. I think the commercials were mostly substandard this year, half-time was great, but took so long!

Anne says:

I didn’t see any of it. I read and watch a couple of episodes from the first season of McMillan and Wife. M&W is actually 41 years old. Boy, did it make me feel old because I remember phone booth, rotary dials, paying only .10 for a call and when a quarter was worth something.

I do not even know how I finished up right here, however I assumed this post used to be great.
    I don’t recognise who you might be but certainly you’re going to a well-known blogger for those who aren’t already. Cheers!

Shoshana says:

If some one wishes to be updated with hottest technologies afterward he must be pay
    a visit this website and be up to date everyday.