Sunday Winner

Posted by at Dec 16, 2012 6:00 am

The winner of Leslie’s Jungle Madness Friday contest is:

# 47! Lisa B! Congratulations! Please drop me a note to give me your contact information. leslieakelly @ gmail.com

It seems like it’s been forever since I went to see The Hobbit. Waking up to the horrible news on Friday morning sort of put things like movies into perspective. I have cried and cried this weekend and grieve not only for the sweet babies and loving, heroic adults who died, but also for all the children who have to grow up in a world in which this can happen. All I can say is God bless them all. I hope their far-too-short lives were beautiful and happy and I hope their families know their precious babies are grieved by all of us and will never be forgotten.

8 thoughts on “Sunday Winner

Hi Les, I went to see The Hobbit last night, and a lot of the messages were received through the lens of what happened on Friday. I have had to distract myself. A tragedy such as this one is one that I internalize and causes me to fall into a deep depression because I can’t fathom the why of it all. Watching the movie with the incident in mind, made the experience very different than I thought it would be. I need to watch it again, but not too soon. Sending a cyberhug your way. I love you guys. I hope that everyone is well.

Congrats on your win, Lisa B.!

Diane says:

So sad…

Lisa B says:

Thanks Leslie! I’ll email you shortly.

We watched the news coverage most of the afternoon Friday but after that i had to stop. I’ve seen it online though and in all the social media websites and that was more than enough for me. Now we’re seeing the lists of those killed and seeing that in black and white so to speak really hammers it home you know. There is no good answer when you ask yourself “Why”? So much pain in that community and for those families. It’s not fair.

Lisa B

Nicely said Leslie. This is a difficult time for all of us. Especially since it is not understandable why someone would do something this tragic.

Colleen says:

The tears still come when I think about all of those lives cut short and changed forever…

Congrats, Lisa.

I am so saddened by Friday.

:praying: Well said Leslie, thanks. I can’t imagine that there is anyone not affected by the tragedy at Sandy Hook Elementary School. It makes my heart hurt for all of those families that had a child not come home from school that day. As I have stated several times in different places I am concerned about the mental health of people here in the USA. These type of incidents are all to frequent. We have to care for each other better. Seeing pictures of some of the children is so heart breaking.

Lisa B, congratulations on winning.

:boohoo: You have said it all. We all feel for them. May God be with them.