Whatcha Reading Saturday?

Posted by at Dec 15, 2012 6:00 am

I’ve been reading some very quirky science fiction/horror/comedy novels by an author named David Wong. The first book was called JOHN DIES AT THE END and the second one is THIS BOOK IS FULL OF SPIDERS: SERIOUSLY, DUDE, DON’T TOUCH IT. (Yes, that’s really the title.) Both of them were awesome. Creepy, scary, also hysterically funny.

What about you? Read any great books lately?

16 thoughts on “Whatcha Reading Saturday?

Betty says:

Finished Lorelei’s Gone Country and Marie Force’s Coming Home- both excellent! Starting to read some old holiday anthologies for fun!

Diane says:

The start of a new series by Terry Spear: Savage Hunger.

Glittergirl says:

I’ve been catching up on Thea Harrison’s novellas so I can start her LORDS FALL next. They’ve been entertaining and it’s nice that they are a bit longer with a higher price so it’s a great value. Ebooks are hard to judge how long a book you’re getting for the price… :santalights:

Silver James says:

Les, I’ll recommend Monica Enderle Pierce’s GIRL UNDER GLASS, a dystopian SciFi with romantic elements. The writing is lyrical and gritty at the same time and I loved the characters and plot.

I just finished reading Christine Warren’s SHE’S NO FAERIE PRINCESS. I “won” the book in a Dirty Santa at a Christmas party. Even though it’s like #9 or something in the series, it easily stood alone. I plan to go back to read the whole Other series. I liked her snark.

I’m on like page 3 of Toni McGee Causey’s WHEN A MAN LOVES A WEAPON the 3rd in her Bobbie Faye series. These books are laugh out loud funny and Bobbie Faye is one of those truly memorable characters. I can’t believe I never read the last book. I loaned my copies to someone and never go them back. :angryred: I bought new copies and started a reread. They are perfect if you are having a Very Bad Day(tm).

Happy reading, everyone! :reading:

I’m in a pause at the moment, but I’m going to be picking up the Christmas Blazes (including Leslie’s) and Desire books.

jcp says:

I’m reading Saturday’s Child by Dallas Schulze a marriage of convience story set in 1905 Wyoming

fenni says:

hi
      i wonder if you have a soft copy/e-book of this saturday’s child by dallas schulze and kindly send it to me? i’ve been looking for this book since ages (I read it once and would like to reread it) but so far i couldn’t find it. i’ve tried to purchase it in amazon. unfortunately, their service doesn’t reach my country (indonesia).

TrishJ says:

Finishing up Jami Alden’s Run From Fear. It’s the third book in this series (Beg for Mercy and Hide from Evil). Really liked it. I am going back and pick up her earlier series about the Taggart brothers.

I finished Janet Evanovich’s Notorious Nineteen a little while ago so I plan to re-read All I ever Wanted by Kristin Higgans. I have to start somewhere since my tbr pile is so now actually 2 piles. Happy last night of Hanukkah all. :Han1:

:walksnowman: I am reading the second story in Distinguished Service by Tori Carringron. :wreath:

Karen C says:

Just finished A Deeper Darkness and in the middle of The Edge of Black by J.T. Ellison. Both are excellent!
    :bigtree:

So busy with getting ready for Christmas that I haven’t even opened a book this week. :boohoo:

:santabag: :bigtree: :bigxmas: Just got done reading A Cookie Before Dying By Virginia Lowell. I just find this author.

forget to say what I am reading now. Notorious Nineteen by Janet Evanovich :bigxmas: :bigtree: :decor:

Bobbie says:

Read the Unidentified Redhead and Redhead Revealed. Fun fun books!

JoAnne says:

Just finished the Edge of Never late late last night/ early this morning… Now going to look in my e-books for a quick holiday book. Something light hearted and a quick read —- open to suggestions! :party: