The Licentious Sinful Well-Bred Miss Leto

Posted by at Dec 12, 2012 9:33 am

Like a lot of romance readers my age, I cut my teeth on historical romances. From Johanna Lindsay to Linda Lael Miller to Cynthia Wright and Virginia Henley, I just adored being swept away to an old world that was still familiar enough that it wasn’t “another world.” I’m still a huge historical romance reader and as you all know on this blog, I’m a big fan of Tessa Dare. Yesterday, she re-released a novella called The Scandalous, Dissolute, No-Good Mr. Wright. From the title alone, you can tell that her stories have pluck. And they do! I loved this little novella and if you’re interested in sampling her work…now is the time.

Also, she came up with this adorable widget so that you can get your own rake name! Mine is “The Licentious, Sinful, Well-Bred Miss Leto.” I’m not saying if it fits or not…but it’s fun!

Another favorite historical novelist of mine, Courtney Milan, has a new book out this week, too. The Duchess War went live a few days ago. Courtney is an amazing writer who never tells an ordinary story. I can’t wait to read this one. Though she sent me a preview copy a while back, I never managed to get to it…so I bought myself a copy (I must support my favorite authors!) and will dig in soon…very soon! I read the prequel novella, The Governess Affair, and I can’t wait to see how things have worked out…

So here’s the deal…two books up for grabs today! Both are digital-only, unfortunately (do you have a kindle/nook on your Christmas list?!?)…but you can always download an app to your iPad, iPhone or computer.

To enter…either pop over to Tessa’s website HERE and use her adorable widget ON THE LEFT hand side of the page (couldn’t get it to post here on PM!) or you can make up your own!

Just post your RAKE NAME for a chance to win!

(BTW if you already have these, let me know and if you win, I’ll GIFT it to someone else FOR you! Early shopping…done!)

39 thoughts on “The Licentious Sinful Well-Bred Miss Leto

The Intriguing Misguided Ill-Behaved Miss Katie

Ha. There is evidently an app to get your “honey boo-boo” name, too. I’m not saying if this is accurate, either.

Maria Ramirez Esquivel says:

Mine is The Devilish Crafty Well-Rounded Miss Esquivel. Couldnt put it better myself… looking forward to adding these to my TBR list.

Carol says:

The Audacious Racy No-Count Miss Richards. I think I just found my new title. I love it! :heart:

Jena says:

The Dangerous Impure Well-Coiffed Miss Jena Briars

:dancebanana:

Ashlea says:

It took a few tries to get the best one, but I have:

The Villainous Wanton Quick-Witted Miss Harvey

so excited for both of these books.

Mine is The Lascivious Sensual Above-Par Miss Aberman-Wells. Sounds good to me. Tessa’s book is already pre-ordered by this rake. I even had a chance to read an exerpt & can’t wait. On a second try I got The Incorrigible Worldly Well-Heeled Miss Aberman-Wells. This is fun!!

Jena says:

DANG! You got all these nice adjectives and mine is like “IMPURE” – “DANGER!!” I should’ve tried more to see what else popped up! :D

Paige Nieto says:

The Fascinating Saucy High-Rolling Miss Nieto. I *love* it!!!

Mine is:

The Treacherous Improper Well-Endowed Miss Galuska

tee hee ;)

Christelle says:

Mine is the Audacious Unchaste Minty-Fresh Miss Lamontagne. Minty-Fresh??? Too funny!

LSUReader says:

:eyebrow: I find I am called The Licentious Unchaste All-Knowing Miss Prejean. I do like the All-Knowing part!

cates says:

Libertine Cold-Blooded Miss Sparks And I LOVE IT!!!

Julie says:

The Resourceful Brazen All-Knowing Miss G. I LIKE IT.

Michele L. says:

LOL! :happy: Using my last name it is The Fiendish Raffish Highly-Skilled Miss Rioli. Then I put in my first name which I like better! The Scurrilous Bawdy Well-Rounded Miss Michele. What a great rake name! Cool Widget gadget! Thanks for the fun times Julie! :biggrin:

Those names are fun! I’m still not reading digital but I may change that next year. 8)

:Han1:

:reindeer: :walksnowman: :treecut: :lights:

Jennifer W. says:

The Treacherous Bawdy Well-Heeled Miss Jennifer W :eyebrow:

Colleen says:

I got The Devilish Wayward No-Strings Miss Conklin LOL! :D

Silver James says:

The Devilish Carnal Oft-Wrong Miss James

Ha! I am all of the above. :devilbanana:

Ellen says:

Don’t know if I can live up to this one:The Infamous Debauched Ill-Intentioned Miss Caccavale. Will have to go back and play some more.

chey says:

The Precarious Shameless Ill-Mannered Miss McEwen

TRACIE says:

Fun-stuff!
    The Outrageous Improper All-Knowing Miss Travis

Mine is The Incorrigible Impure Well-Dressed Miss Brown. Love it so much!

Beth Kaake says:

Lascivious Cheeky Sharp-Dressed Miss Kaake. Too funny! Silly thing got away from me!

Jeanne Miro says:

Hi Julie!

I just had to go over to Tessa’s site and find out what her widget would come up with! I put down my husband’s grandmothers last name and the widget came up with the rake name:

The Passionate Crafty High-Rolling Mr. Fenner

What a great rake name and I may just start callig my husband that especially since his great-great Grandfather was once a Governor of Rhode Island which is certainly filled by rakes of the first order!

Linda Henderson says:

Mine was The Lascivious Ribald Well-Heeled Miss Henderson. I like it. :bigtree:

erinf1 says:

:santalights:

The Unsuitable Tawdry Highly-Skilled Miss fender…. which I’m now going to make everyone call me :) Thanks for the fun post and spotlight on some great books !

Anita L says:

The Licentious Sensual Well-Read Miss loy!! Love it!!

Please allow me to introduce myself…..The Scurrilous Tawdry Well Endowed Miss Carrick.

Martha mckenna says:

:Han1: The Fascinating Impure Ill-Intentioned Miss mckenna

Laurie P says:

I am The Troublesome Decadent Well-Dressed Miss Peterson, so very pleased to meet you.

I am the Infamous Shameless No-Count Miss Pennell :batteeyes:

I couldn’t resist trying out my first name also.
      Just call me The Incorrigible Bawdy Smart Mouthed Miss Pam. :giggler:

Rachel Donovan says:

The Incorrigible Bawdy Well-Rounded Miss Donovan, I :biggrin: actually enjoy this one!

bn100 says: