Tis the Season . . .

Posted by at Dec 10, 2012 6:00 am

For holiday movies!  One of my all-time favorites is Trains, Planes and Automobiles.  So funny with Steve Martin and the late, great John Candy!  But I also love Frosty the Snowman and Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, and if I know they’re on, I usually watch them.

Last night the Hallmark channel aired a new holiday movie, CHRISTMAS WITH HOLLY, and it looked like a fun, romantic story.  I DVR’d it and haven’t had the chance to watch it yet.  If any one else has seen it, let us know how it is/was!

So, what’s your favorite holiday movies?

19 thoughts on “Tis the Season . . .

It was cute. A little predictable, but worth seeing.

I have a whole bunch of movies (including that one) that I put on my dvr because I watch them while I am wrapping presents. I can ‘listen’ to the movie while I wrap.

Nicole M. says:

I am addicted to Christmas movies. It is officially Christmas, when Charlie Brown picks the tree for the Christmas play. :bigtree:

My Mom loves both forms of the Grinch movies, while my grandfather doesn’t like any. Last year we didn’t get to watch too many Christmas movies and this year, I have just been able to “listen” to the Hallmark Christmas movies, while I take care of him.

But anyways, I love all forms of Christmas movies, but my heart lies with the old cartoon classics. :elf:

Happy Monday Everyone!

tricia says:

Absolute favorite has to be Elf and Christmas Vacation. Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer will always hold a special place in my heart. My husband asked me to marry him during the Christmas show.

I usually don’t watch the Hallmark channel, but this movie got so many good reviews on Facebook I had to watch. I really liked it. I also Recorded the Mist-tones on ABC Family.

Lois M. says:

Well, my favorite must sees include —

Santa Claus the Movie
    Pinky and the Brain’s Christmas Special
    Muppet Family Christmas
    Home Alone 2 (now, I like the first, but the second is my total favorite)
    The History of Christmas (from the History Channel)
    Mickey’s Christmas Carol
    I Love Lucy Christmas episode from season 6
    The X-Files Christmas episode from season 6
    Remington Steele Christmas episode from season 4

and do believe that is it. :)

Oh, and a few years ago, I did finally catch the Star Wars Christmas special I’ve been hearing about for ages ever since I first got online whenever ago… I think my expectations were so low, that to me, I didn’t think it that bad. Strange, yes, but horrible no. However, I have no had the overwhelming urge to watch it again… have had no urge, actually. :)

Lois

My favorites who be:
    Charlie Brown Christmas
    It’s a Wonderful Life.
    The Santa Clause.
    Jack Frost.
    and Elf.

cates says:

I like The Christmas Story…
    “you’ll shoot your eye out!”

Jennifer W. says:

:bigtree:
    While You Were Sleeping is my personal favorite

:elf: My all time favorite is probably Miracle on 34th Street with Maureen O’Hara, Edmund Gwen & a young Natalie Wood. I also liked Elf, The Christmas Bride, always love Charlie Brown, also A Christmas Card with Ed Asner. Last night’s movie Christmas With Holly was good. I enjoyed it.

:Han1:

:bigxmas:

I never miss A Charlie Brown Christmas. It’s my favorite Chrstmas special. I watch so many Christmas movies, I can’t pick a favorite. Currently watching Scrooged. I love many of the made for TV movies.

Quilt Lady says:

I really enjoyed it myself.

It was cute. I love Rudolf, Charlie Brown & White Christmas, in no order. We have winter here now with 10+ inches of snow so it looks Christmasy. :hann2:

Char says:

I love the black and white originals… ‘It’s a Wonderful Life’, ‘Miracle on 34th Street’, and ‘The Bishop’s Wife’. Oh! I can’t forget Alistair Sims in ‘A Christmas Carol’!

Many blessings!

:bigxmas:

Gale Sroelov says:

I made it thru 40 minutes of the movie and then DVR’d it to watch later. Let me say that I LOVED Christmas in Friday Harbor by Lisa Kleypas. I mean loved the book. The movie? I have to say not so much. Don’t get me wrong, what i saw of it, Holly was adorable. But the brothers were very different than what Lisa wrote, IMHO. So it wasn’t that it was “bad”. It just wasn’t as wonderful as the book was. Ages of the brothers were in the wrong order. Occupation of what was the younger brother (in the book) was different. But hey. It was a holiday movie. It all works out in the end. For an honest opinion, I’d have to say I enjoyed the book more. I still have to finish watching the rest of the movie.

My favorite holiday movie is Holiday Inn or White Christmas as it is now called. A classic in my book!

:bigxmas: :Han1:

Tina R says:

My favorite Christmas movie is “National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation” :bigtree:

sharlene Wegner says:

Christmas With Holly was good! Another Hallmark movie I liked was Debbie Macomber’s Call Me Mrs Miracle. I also like Holiday Inn & The Bishop’s Wife. And can we count While You Were Sleeping?

Kimh says:

It was cute , live the little girl
    Chevy chase Xmas, Bradyxmas, halllmaekr movies, home alone

The…The… THE GRINCH!!!! I love that movie. I told Hubs last night it was time to break it out. I didn’t get to watch it at all last year, I think everyone hid it from me because they needed a break. hehe… I’ll make up for it this year!

Love Actually and White Christmas are two of my must sees!

Christmas with Holly, based on Lisa’s book, Christmas Eve at Friday Harbor (novella) was pretty good. I liked the book better, but I will admit that they did get the character of the ex-girlfriend down pat! I did miss the story line about the stained glass window in the old house that runs through the books.