Whatcha Reading Saturday?

Posted by at Nov 10, 2012 6:00 am

Let’s talk about books! I now have a little time to read again and am ready to lap up something fabulous.

I finished up The Twelve, the sequel to Justin Cronin’s The Passage, and have to say I don’t think I’ve ever been more disappointed in a sequel in my life. I have been salivating for that book for over 2 years and was so totally underwhelmed it took me weeks to finish. Major bummer!

What about you? What have you been reading? Please share!

33 thoughts on “Whatcha Reading Saturday?

Carly says:

I just finished “All In” sequel to “Naked” (must read Naked first not stand alone!) by Raine Miller.

I’m reading All In by Raine Miller. It is part 2 in a series and must be read in order. Book 1 is Naked and I found the books thanks to Carly. Up next is catching up on review books. I have 7 reviews to schedule this weekend.

I am reading Eloisa James’ The Ugly Duchess. I am about 1/2 way done and so far so good.

TrishJ says:

I’m reading Dream Lake by Lisa Kleypas. Not so sure about the ghost, but in not even 100 pages in, so we’ll see.

I’m reading the second (that just came out) of the “Bared Into You” series….it was talked a lot during the “49 plus one” shades frenzy. It’s really good and nice to have a book for the long three day weekend, in between times when I am cleaning. I just was ordering my “December Harlequins” and Leslie, you have a book out! I did a little happy dance as I ordered it.

Silver James says:

I’m catching up on Thea Harrison’s Elder Races books. Finished DEVIL’s GATE and started HUNTER’S SEASON, two novellas leading up to LORD’S FALL which is her current full-length novel. This series has been a little uneven for me–ADORED her first novel DRAGON BOUND, but while I enjoyed the rest, some were better than others. This is typical in a series for. Truly enjoyed/ing these two novellas. They’ll probably be 5s when I rate them on Goodreads.

:posting: I have to get my NaNo words done on the current WIP and then I’m going to curl up in bed to fight this dang cold and read! :reading:

Carly says:

Silver, I had same feeling. And after one I could not finish, I lost interest sadly.

• Silver James says:

Carly, the two novellas were excellent and I enjoyed LORD’S FALL. As I understand things, it’s the last in the series though she left a LOT of open threads. She starts a new witch series next spring. I’m not sorry I read them all, and I have to admit, I want to go back and re-read DRAGON BOUND now. I loved all of the characters and just wish some of the stories had been a bit more worthy of them.

Lois M. says:

Rescue My Heart by Jill Shalvis! :)

Lois

monica t. says:

Happy Long Weekend! Yall! I am reading Lorelei James CowGirls Don’t Cry. Its sexy and an interesting read. I am working my way through all of the Rough Riders Series and I am extremely entertained and have a new appreciation for the modern cowboy. Yeeeeeeee Ha! :devilbanana: :devilbanana: :devilbanana: :devilbanana:

LSUReader says:

I just started Grisham’s The Racketeer. That man can write!

Glittergirl says:

I finished Christine Feehan’s Dark Storm. Is this series loosing steam? Her last two haven’t been as good it seems to me, sigh. I’ve loved it.
    I’m finally getting to Donna Grant’s Midnight’s Seduction and looking for Thea Harrison’s Lords Fall & Jessica Andersen’s Spellfire.

Vanessa says:

Currently reading, Angels at the Table by Debbie Macomber. This is her latest holiday book.

Just finished Lori Foster’s Run the Risk! It was :hothot: with a nice suspense to it. This has been a good series. Looking forward to the next one. :applause:

Enjoy the weekend. :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag:

Colleen says:

I read Pleasure Dome by LF Hampton…

elaing8 says:

I am reading Darkness Devours by Keri Arthur

I just finished Robyn Carr’s My Kind of Christmas. I love her Virgin River series. Am currently reading the latest in a light mystery series by JoAnna Carl. Enjoy your weekend.

Diane says:

The third book in Nora Roberts trilogy The Perfect Hope!!!

Donna says:

I am reading Shades of Grey Freed and Cowboy for Christmas and listening to Sleep No More all are good so far..

Donna

I just finished When Snow Falls by Brenda Novak…..literally 10 minutes ago. Before that it was Secrets of a Wedding Night by Valerie Bowman.

Pat Cochran says:

Just finished Texas Brides by Cathy Marie Hake and started Marin
    Thomas’ Arizona Cowboy. I’m in a Western state of mind!

Thanks to all those who have served in the military on behalf of
    the United States, especially those who have given their lives
    for us. God’s blessings on their families for sharing them with
    us!

Pat C.

Tina R says:

I’m reading Ice Cold by Cherry Adair and it is Awesome!! Happy reading!

Laurie P says:

Susan Mallery’s Already Home. And thanks to all the men and women of our armed services. :flag:

Kathleen O says:

Wicked Burn by Beth Kery.. This is a new to me author…

MamaKitty says:

I’m re-listening to Darkfever on audio. I hadn’t forgotten how much I love TE Fever series but I hadn’t really remembered the full impact. I’m completely obsessed with Barrons in all his assholery and Mac and her transformation from naive little Georgia peach to badass Mac 2.0

sharlene Wegner says:

I just finished Mistletoe Cowboy & that was a good one! I am now rereading Animal Magnatism & Animal Attraction to build up to Rescue My Heart. The Ugly Duchess & My Kind of Christmas mentioned above are good ones, too!

Gail D says:

I just finished Mistletoe Cowboy by Carolyn Brown. I love her books.

:flag: Just finished Blue Skies by Robyn Carr. Could not put it down, I sure enjoyed it.

:flag: I am reading Playing for Keeps by Cherry Adair on page 94 and it is good. Have it on my Nook.