Saturday: What Are You Reading?

Posted by at Nov 3, 2012 11:50 am

Hi, all…sorry for the late post. I slept in. Needed it!

Went to see Wreck-It Ralph last night…very fun. Clever and funny…great plot that will surprise you (at least, it surprised me!) and the voice actors were amazing. Sarah Silverman, in particular, amused me and I’m generally not a fan of her work. But she was great here.

But the reason you should go? To see the short, the Paperman. OMG…for the romance reader/lover…you will be enchanted. It’s a simple story, but that’s what made it so fabulous. I hope it’s nominated for an Oscar for animated short.

On to books…last time it was my turn to post, I told you all I was in a writing slump. Things didn’t look up for me until Tuesday, when two books I’ve been desperately looking forward to came out: BAREFOOT IN THE RAIN by Roxanne St. Claire and OUT FOR BLOOD by Kristen Painter. I started BAREFOOT and I know I’m going to need a box of Kleenex by the end of this book…not because it’s tragic, but because it is deeply emotional. The characters have so much baggage and so much at stake. I can feel it’s going to be a winner!

I’ll start Kristen’s book next.

So what are you reading?

21 thoughts on “Saturday: What Are You Reading?

BR says:

Loved Barefoot in the Rain- hope you do, too. Also loved Cowboy for Christmas by Lori Wilde. On to older Christmas stories anthologies now. Cold & rainy today!

monica t. says:

Hello Julie, Happy Saturday to you. I am currently reading Jasmine Haynes book, Show and Tell. This is a very :hothot: :hothot: :hothot: :hothot: :hothot: book. She is one of the authors that is considered to be an intelligent erotica author. I totally get this. She writes age appropriate books, and I love and can read the difference. If you have not read any of her stuff I highly recommend that you do. Her book Past Midnight is a definite eye opener of marriage. Check It Out. Laters, Monica T. :devilbanana: :devilbanana: :devilbanana: :devilbanana: :devilbanana: :devilbanana:

Silver James says:

I finally grabbed a quick moment to read. Started Rebecca York’s (Ruth Glick) DARK POWERS, a novella in her Decorah Security series. I have so little extra time these days, I’m sticking with short stuff so I can actually get the HEA! I’ve got Rocki’s book on the TBR pile. If I ever catch up, she’s toward the top of the “Read First” list.

jcp says:

Short-Straw

jcp says:

Short Straw Bride by Karen Wittemeyer. Great book!!

I finished A Knight to Remember and Angels Devil this week. Right now I’m reading Checkmate from The Neighbor in Hell series.

Connie Fischer says:

I’m just starting “Beguiling the Beauty” by Sherry Thomas. So glad we get to turn the clocks back tonight so I can squeeze in an extra hour of reading snuggled up next to my kitten! It just doesn’t get any better than that. :cat:

I’m reading Robyn Carr’s My Kind of Christmas.

Diane says:

$th Grave beneath my Feet by Darynda Jones, love everything about this series!

Hi! :waving:

I’m reading Jodi Thomas The Comforts of Home, a Harmony, Texas book. Each book seems better than the last. I’m so glad I decided to try her books. Before this I read Catherine Mann, Under Fire. This is one of her Elite Forces books. I got a little behind on her books!! Nice to be catching up. The Jodi Thomas book will probably get finished up tonight or tomorrow morning. Right now my eyes need a break from reading!! Darn! My eyes need a check up. Will do that soon.

Enjoy the evening & tomorrow. :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag:

Patoct says:

“Rain” is on my wl. Glad you gave it a thumbs up so far.

Just starting Wyoming Fierce by Diana Palmer. Finished Sultry with a Twist – enjoyed it.

Missy says:

Karen Hawkins ~ Talk Of The Town and we get an extra hour to read tonight! :reading:

Bobbie says:

Just now finished Exquisite by Ella Frank. Great read, good character development. Looking forward to reading more of her books. Want to look into Show and Tell. Sounds like a good read

Kim says:

I read Barefoot in the Rain and I thought it was amazing. I actually found myself holding my breathe while reading the Prologue. It was VERY intense and of course I cried.

I just finished reading A Cowboy for Christmas by Lori Wilde. I didn’t expect to cry reading the book.

I just started reading Unexpected Christmas Hero by Kathi Macias. I haven’t gotten far enough into it, to determine if I like or not. It’s my first time reading her book.

Donna says:

finished My Kind of Christmas, Mad River and Red Rain by R L Stine (which I didn’t like at 1st but it was scary. Just Started Sins of the Mother by Danielle Steel and Stolen Prey by John Sandford…
    Happy reading all!!!

Donna :devilbanana:

nylne says:

For the holidaayb season the story of the birth of Jesus Christ and His Ministry!

Kathleen O says:

I am reading Nightingale Way by Emily March…

Ann G says:

This is my second attempt at posting here today. I finished reading FOREVER AND A DAY by Jill Shalvis, and I’m reading ONE NIGHT FOR LOVE by Mary Balogh
    now. It’s starting a little slow, but it’s good.

Lyn says:

Just finished reading Kate Angell’s Sweet Spot. I loved the way that the end of the series was tied up in the epilogue, I can’t put my finger on why I didn’t like this story as much as the other Rogues books.
    Now reading Kate Angell’s No Tan Lines, and have Carly’s Karma lined up to read next.

:party: I am reading Fern Michaels The Scoop. It is good. Love her books.