New Month New Books – What’cha Reading?

Posted by at Oct 1, 2011 6:00 am

So … (Carly here and I LOVE LOVE this day of the week in the jungle!) … What are you all reading? My Kindle just downloaded the new Victoria Dahl – Bad Boys Do; and the second in May Banks’ Highlander Trilogy (historical) – Seduction of a Highland Lass. And I know on Tuesday October 4th so many more goodies will be coming my way! How about you? What are YOU currently reading?

39 thoughts on “New Month New Books – What’cha Reading?

Hi Carly,

I’m definitely in catch up mode with my reading. I started Gena Showalter’s The Darkest Night. Really enjoying the unique world she’s setup.

Tracey

Hi Tracey, it’s great seeing you swinging in the vines with us. Ope all is well.

Melanie Revis says:

I’m reading J D Robb’s “Dallas to New York”.

:reading: I am currently reading Joan Johnston’s Outsider :coffee:

I have this one. Let me know what you think, Patsy. I got it at a Con a couple of years ago. It looks good.

• Patsy L Roberts says:

I bought the second book in that series Invincible the other day. So far Outsider is good. I’ll let ya know what I think. :coffee:

• Paula R. says:

Thanks! I actually started reading it when I first got it, but I had to put it down to pack up. It’s still in a box that I mailed from the Con. I also realized it was part of a series, so I couldn’t go on anyway. Now that Invincible is out, I’ll pick it up and start reading Outsiders again.

• Patsy L Roberts says:

Have you read Joan Johnstons Bitter Creek series? They were awesome. I just finished Shattered which was the last in that series.

Good morning, Carly! Am finishing up some books this weekend, now that I’ve turned in all my grades. The books are: Bespelling Jane antho with Mary Balogh, Colleen Gleason, Sudan Krinard and Janet Mullany; Making a Splash by Joanne Rock, Red Kiss by Deidre Knight, Envy by J. R. Ward, Jules’ Too Hot To Touch and Too Wild To Hold. After that I’ll be revisiting some Black CATs. Love you guys! Have a great day everyone.

sue says:

I’m just re-reading / savouring Nalini Singh Archangels blade.
    Have aboiut 10 books in the TBR pile, so deciding between Young Adult, romance, or sci fi fantasy!

Just finished Only His and started Sexiest Vampire Alive.

Ellen says:

In the middle of Canyons of Night by Jayne Castle. (Jayne Ann Krentz) Serendipity should be next.

Eileen says:

Just started Only His.

Kelli says:

Just finished Only His by Susan Mallery. I loved it!!! Now reading Bad Boys Do by Victoria Dahl. This book is HOT!!!

Melanie S. says:

I got my hands on Virna DePauls newest book Chosen by Fate, plan on doing nothing today but laying around and reading. :reading:

Diane Sadler says:

MaryJanice Davidson’ Wolf at the Door; her books are usually funny!

Quilt Lady says:

I’m between books right now just finished Jane Porter’s Easy On the Eyes.

Lisa B says:

I already read Bad Boys do a few weeks ago. Better than the first one i think. I just finished My favorite Countess by Vanessa Kelly and am starting Haunting Embrace by Erin Quinn which comes out Tues Oct 4th. Love that series so i don’t think i’ll be disappointed.

Lisa B

I read Good Girls Don’t and was debating on Bad Boys Do. Looks like I might be making a trip to the store to give it a try.

Colleen says:

Hmmm… have not picked out a book yet for today… I think I will check out what interests me on my NOOK… I am leaning towards Paranormal… Hmmm.

Donna says:

I am rading Never Knowing right now . Its been a slow week for me reading right now..lost my job just can’t concentrate

Donna

Barbara Elness says:

I just finished Jo Beverley’s An Unlikely Countess and I loved it. I’m reading Julia London’s The Year of Living Scandalously now, fantastic book.

:waving: Hi Carly,
    I’m reading Serendipity which I’m loving. Yesterday I finally got to sit down for awhile to read. :reading: Hopefully I will finish today. After that is a library book I will read so I can return before I leave on the 13th! Not sure if I will get to read much on my trip so I have to decide what to take. Probably a re-read as they don’t require as much concentration! :D

Enjoy the weekend Everyone. Find time to read. :flag: :flag: :flag: 8) :flag: :flag: :flag:

Diane Sallans says:

Rhys Bowen’s Naughty in Nice had caught my eye so I read that, and then went back to read the first four books in Her Royal Spyness series. Almost done with them.

Estella says:

I am reading some older books. Just started Linda Howard’s Kill and tell.

I am half way through Don’t Mess With Texas by Christie Craig. I just download Dare Me by Ms. Julie.

Have a great weekend everyone. Happy October 1st.

Cheryl R says:

I just finished Susan Mallery’s Only His and started 1225 Christmas Tree Lane by Debbie Macomber. This is the last in the series so it is a bittersweet read.
    :reading:

Pat L. says:

Am going to start Judy Duarte’s Christmas on Nutcracker Court.

Kat says:

Lee Child’s “The Affair”
    If you have never read his books this is a great one to start with. Jack Reacher is an unlikely modern day hero and I like his way of dealing with bullies, and outlaws.

I just read Second Son, a free short and then the first book in the series. I have found another series I love!! Book 2 is one of the ones I need to move from Sony to my Nook.

Stacey A Smith says:

I’m Reading Wild Rain by Christine Feehan for I can Catch up and read the newer one of the set.Have only read this one but finely got the other 3 that go with It.Can’t wait to see how the other ones turn out! :reading:

Lindsay says:

I am currently reading Chasing Fire by Nora Roberts.

Since i have a bunch on my Sony I need to transfer to the new Nook, I am downloading free ones. Except Heat Rises, the new Nikki Heat/Richard Castle book. I love Castle and I even get the Derrick Storm graphic novels.

Nope, not geeky at all.

Kathleen O says:

I am reading Saint’s Gate by Carla Neggers… She has such great characters, who find themselves in some mystery or other and she takes you to great locations trying to find who the murder or theif is… And love the pull of the hero and heroine to stay professional…. Love it..

Bella F. says:

Im reading a YA book that’s gotten great reviews but so far I’m not into it:-/

kim h says:

hot blazes
    extra innings by debbi rawlins :yourock